Environmental Due Diligence
Environmental Due Diligence may be required for analysis of a site condition or evaluation/verification of legal environmental permits before acquisition of the assets.
Our environmental assessment will help you to take into account a site’s liabilities when determining its true value. An environmental due diligence assessment will provide an understanding of a site’s contamination issues. We will help you determine the liability for clean-up operations. We also examine the potential for legal civil damages that could eventuate, including those involving commercial real estate transactions.
Environmental, health and safety risks may translate into financial and reputational liabilities. Legal compliance, historical pollution or the presence of hazardous materials such as asbestos are now essential considerations in real estate as well as corporate transactions.
Consulting Role of EDE –
- Phase 1 environmental site assessment
- Phase 2 characterization study
- Inventory of recognized environmental, health and safety issues
- Exterior and interior inspection of properties
- Interviews with owners, occupants and government officials
- Physical sampling and laboratory analysis
- Exploratory soil and groundwater investigation